Web Browser & Windows Media Player RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am making an application which plays several short video clips and displays information about them.

(I cannot use the Windows Media Player control to play the videos because I am using a 64bit machine.)

To work around this I am playing the clips in a web browser control which automatically opens windows media player for .wmv files.

My problem is this; when the media player opens it is larger than the form so it blocks out all the information on the form about the video, is there a way I can get the media player to dock on the form or even re-size it when it opens. I cannot find an event of property in the we browser control acociated with the Media Player pop up.

Thanks,

Michael

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:02 PM

All replies

• You can force your application to run in 32-bit mode on all machines.

Would that remedy your situation about using WMP directly?

Please call me Frank :)

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:09 PM
  • Thanks for the quick reply

I tried that but it causes problems with the "Microsoft.Ace.OLEDB.12.0" provider for my access database connection elsewhere in the program. The error "Provider may not be properly installed" comes up unless the program targets any CPU.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:56 PM
  • Thanks for the quick reply

I tried that but it causes problems with the "Microsoft.Ace.OLEDB.12.0" provider for my access database connection elsewhere in the program. The error "Provider may not be properly installed" comes up unless the program targets any CPU.

That's really a different issue, but I understand that it all has to be one or the other.

How will you handle users who run 32-bit machines?

At any rate, sorry I couldn't help.

Please call me Frank :)

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:00 PM
  • The provider won't work because it's looking for 32 bit provider for the application but I have 64 bit office installed. I'm hoping that when a 32 bit version of office is detected it will work on that machine too but I have yet to test it.

No problem, thanks anyway :)

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:04 PM