Making account created an Admin account RRS feed

• Question

• Been playing with ICE for a few weeks now. Finally getting close to a final version of my answerfile that I'm happy with. Only thing I'm having a problem with is the user account. All of our PC's need to be assigned a same Username account with admin rights.

First tries I created the admin password. placed settings in the autologon section. And that didnt work, as it still prompted me to create a user during windows setup.

then after reading some more I entered information for a user account under user accounts -> local accounts, and set it the same for the autologon. And once WES7 installs and it boots into windows perfectly and into that account. BUT it is a standard user account, and when I try to do anything that requires admin rights, a window pops up asking me to enter an Admin password but there is nowhere to enter the password, and i cant click "yes".

So basically I need to name an admin account and have it set as the default account. what do i do?

- <settings pass="oobeSystem">
    - <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    - <AutoLogon>
    - <Password>
      <Value>fgBrAGUAeQBwAGUAcgBQAGEAcwBzAHcAbwByAGQA</Value>
      <PlainText>false</PlainText>
      </Password>
      <Enabled>true</Enabled>
      <Username>KEYper Systems</Username>
      <LogonCount>1</LogonCount>
      </AutoLogon>
    - <OEMInformation>
      <Manufacturer>KEYper Systems</Manufacturer>
      <SupportHours>24/7</SupportHours>
      <SupportPhone></SupportPhone>
      <SupportURL></SupportURL>
      </OEMInformation>
    - <OOBE>
      <NetworkLocation>Work</NetworkLocation>
      <HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage>
      <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>
      <ProtectYourPC>2</ProtectYourPC>
      </OOBE>
      <DoNotCleanTaskBar>true</DoNotCleanTaskBar>
    - <UserAccounts>
    - <AdministratorPassword>
      <Value>fgBrAGUAeQBwAGUAcgBBAGQAbQBpAG4AaQBzAHQAcgBhAHQAbwByAFAAYQBzAHMAdwBvAHIAZAA=</Value>
      <PlainText>false</PlainText>
      </AdministratorPassword>
      </UserAccounts>
      <TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time</TimeZone>
      <DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet>false</DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet>
      </component>
    - <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
      <InputLocale>en-US</InputLocale>
      <SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale>
      <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
      <UserLocale>en-US</UserLocale>
      </component>
      </settings>
    - <settings pass="windowsPE">
    - <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    - <SetupUILanguage>
      <WillShowUI>Never</WillShowUI>
      </SetupUILanguage>
      <InputLocale>en-US</InputLocale>
      </component>
    - <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    - <UserData>
      <AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula>
      </UserData>
      </component>
      </settings>
      <ew:answerFileInfo distributionSharePath="C:\Program Files\Windows Embedded Standard 7\DSSP1" footprint="1661480945" ecoreFootprint="576716800" installationSandboxFootprint="1084764145" />
      </unattend>
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:14 PM

Answers

• Create a user account that is part of the Administrators group. This will make it an administrator. UAC can be disabled so you don't get the pop-ups when running applications.

You will need to create a second answer file for Sysprep, that by passes the request for a new user name and password - SKipUserOOBE for each clone creatd from the master image.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    • Proposed as answer by Osolith Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by waparson Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:05 PM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:36 PM