Admin module won't load RRS feed

• Question

• User1988740161 posted

I'm trying to get the admin module for the clubsite working.  I keep getting an error on something called DevCow UI

I don't even know for sure where the module came from. The code behind is all in cs.  If anyone recognizes this module and knows how to get it to work, I'd really appreciate some pointers.  I need to be able to add new roles and change roles for existing users and as I'm hosted on Godaddy I have no way to use the asp.configuration tool in Visual Web Developer 2008.

I'd go right into the database and make the changes manually, except everything is encrypted and I can't figure out what to change.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Friday, March 12, 2010 4:13 AM

All replies

• User-37275327 posted

Can you provide the error description? Is this compile time error or runtime?

Saturday, March 13, 2010 12:58 AM
  • User1988740161 posted
    This is the error when trying to load the Admin/role_manage.aspx file

Compilation Error 
    Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'role_manage' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 11: //using DevCow.Web.UI;
    Line 12: 
    Line 13: public partial class admin_role_manage : role_manage
    Line 14: {
    Line 15:     protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

Source File: d:\hosting\XXXXXXXXXXXXXX\Admin\role_manage.aspx.cs    Line: 13 
    Originally the 13 line was public partial class admin_role_manage : DevCow_role_manage
    Thanks, Bev

Saturday, March 13, 2010 1:45 AM
  • User-37275327 posted

It looks like that you are missing a reference (dll of DevCow_role_manage)  or cs file (DevCow_role_manage.cs). Can you find this reference in your project (Actual physical dll or cs)?

Saturday, March 13, 2010 8:28 AM
  • User1988740161 posted
    I went back to the original code as downloaded and here's the error.  I don't see a dll.

Compilation Error 
    Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DevCow' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 9:  using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
    Line 10: using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
    Line 11: using DevCow.Web.UI;
    Line 12: 
    Line 13: public partial class admin_role_manage : DevCowThemePage

Source File: d:\hosting\XXXXXXXXXX\Admin\role_manage.aspx.cs    Line: 11 

I don't see anything in the original zip file that looks like a DevCow dll.  There is an eventscalendar dll, but I alread have that in my site.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 9:41 AM
  • User-37275327 posted

It is better to check the documentation further information using the dll.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 9:55 AM