none
"My places" export for use in other application? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

From what I understand: tracing a Bing aerial map for commercial use will violate the term of use for the map, right?

But the same functionality can be done by using My places and export it to KML.

Does this mean a user cannot use those KMLs in other application, maybe? 

Monday, April 29, 2013 4:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Correct. The data can only be overlaid on top of one of the Bing Maps API's.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Monday, April 29, 2013 8:21 PM
  • Hi Richard,

Thanks for a very clear answer. May you help me with a couple more questions?
    The Bing's map term of use  found in the section 3.2(q) says that one cannot "Integrate road maps from the Services with road maps supplied by any third party". But, 

• If I create a few road map tiles (derived from KML file in my previous question) myself. Then, it is not from any third party so I can still do the integration?
    • Suppose that above is true. Here's what I really worry: what if I host my road maps on a third party web mapping host, e.g. Mapbox or CartoDB. Does it become "roads map supplied by any third party"?
    • Again, if above all is true. I wonder whether changing the way I deliver the road maps to my application in some way will make it possible to do the integration?

I'm totally new to software development. Pardon me if some of the questions doesn't look right.

Saturday, May 4, 2013 3:52 PM