You do not have permission to access this page RRS feed

• Question

• In SSRS 2008 R2, my profile is defined with the System Administrator and System User roles.  However, when I click the Security link for some of the folders on this report server, i get the message "You do not have permission to access this page".  Could you please tell me what additional security setting(s) I need to configure to allow full access to the folders/reports on this report server?

By the way, under Site Settings I have System Administrator and System User roles.  Under Security for the Home folder, I have Content Manager role.

In the report server log, just prior to the "you do not have permission" message, I see the message "ui!ReportManager_0-33!f70!10/19/2015-10:32:18:: e ERROR: HTTP status code --> 500".

• Edited by Tim Peters Monday, October 19, 2015 2:54 PM
    Monday, October 19, 2015 1:20 PM

Answers

• I logged on to our report server as the administrator account for same, and opened Report Manager.  I discovered that the security settings for the folders for which I was trying to access the security link had been changed from adopting the parent folder to a custom configuration.  Thus, the security settings I had for the Home folder were not propagating to the folder in question.  I added Content Manager role for my account to the folders with which I was having the problem, and it resolved the issue.
    • Marked as answer by Tim Peters Monday, October 19, 2015 3:38 PM
    Monday, October 19, 2015 3:38 PM