Which technique / brush to use RRS feed

• Question

•  Currently I have a path that contains my data points, the Brush stroke is simple white with a thickness of 3.   Pretty simple and basic. 

What I would like to do is take it to the next step and instead of having a single white line draw the path, I'd like to use three paralell lines draw the path.  Which brush / technique do I use to accomplish this? 

Steve

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:42 PM

All replies

• Have you seen Expression Blend training videos ?
    I think it will be helpful
    Sunday, October 26, 2008 2:21 AM
  • Hi Steve,

In Expression Blend, could you just accomplish this by copy and pasting the brush strokes, then position them precisely as you want (using the properties like Left, Top, Margins), and maybe reduce the stroke thickness if need be?

Please further elaborate on what you want to accomplish if this post didnt help :)

-
    Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:28 AM
  • I was able to accomplish exactly what I need in Design, but I couldn't find any way to export my custom brush so I can use it in Blend. 

If I over clarify/simplify please excuse me as I just want to try to explain what I'm looking for.  Think of drawing a road.  Basic brush construction would be three lines paralell, each equidistant from each other.   However the middle line would be just a little bit short to represent a dashed line similar to a dashed yellow line on an actual two lane road that allows for passing.    I have a path with geometry data, instead of a single solid line I'd like to use the brush.

How do I accomplish this in Blend / Code (C#) ?

Can I create via Code a custom brush, then apply the brush to the path.Brush ?

If so, what Brush type do I use?  Or do I create a new Brush type and derive it from a base?

I'm hoping the answer is easy.  Thanks
    Monday, November 3, 2008 8:45 PM