UITextViewer background image? (ios designer) RRS feed

• Question

• User309410 posted

How do i add a background image to TextView in the ios designer?

I thought by making it a sibling but i have no clue how :(.

Picture:

Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:00 PM

Answers

• User21936 posted

Yes, you would have to add both the UITextView and the a UIImage view to the same parent view (this makes them a sibling, i.e. they are at the same level of the view hierarchy) and then just position them in the same place with the UITextView on top (might need to set z-order for both) and make the UITextView background to be transparent.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 17, 2017 12:50 AM

All replies

• User21936 posted

Yes, you would have to add both the UITextView and the a UIImage view to the same parent view (this makes them a sibling, i.e. they are at the same level of the view hierarchy) and then just position them in the same place with the UITextView on top (might need to set z-order for both) and make the UITextView background to be transparent.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, March 17, 2017 12:50 AM
  • User309410 posted

@JGoldberger said: Yes, you would have to add both the UITextView and the a UIImage view to the same parent view (this makes them a sibling, i.e. they are at the same level of the view hierarchy) and then just position them in the same place with the UITextView on top (might need to set z-order for both) and make the UITextView background to be transparent.

Ah ha so i need to add another view first and place them bove in there?

Thanks alot i'll vie it a shot to night.

Friday, March 17, 2017 8:31 AM