CVTRES : fatal error CVT1108: cannot open C:\Windows\TEMP\RES3E2E.tmp for writing RRS feed

• Question

• User1120880999 posted

Hi,

I've got problem exactly these some like in this thread:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1646802.aspx/1?Compiler+Error+Message+CVT1108+cannot+open+C+Windows+TEMP+RESA33F+tmp+for+writing

can anybody explain to me (like to a dummy) grant READ, WRITE, DELTE permissions to asp.net user. I'm logged into my OS with Administrator permissions. And such user has set grand permission on TEMP folder. So am I right thinking that asp.net user has access to this folder, also? What's more, till today my application worked fine. And suddenly after changing some part of the table in which I keep some controls and reloading the page I saw this error. So I guess, if it was me who broke something I did this unconsciously. Also, I tried to create new website based on http. And I received these some error. But on the other hand I'm able to open application which was written by my friend (I mean written on the other computer).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tomek

Sunday, April 22, 2012 1:04 AM

Answers

• User612574037 posted

Hi,

Maybe the user need to access your temp folder and write some files in it. You need to grant the Read, Write and Delete permission to the user. You can do like the below steps.

1.Open your disk(C:)

2.Right click the temp folder and select the Property.

3.Expand the Security tab.

4.Click the “Edit” button.

5.You will find the “Add” button and click it.

Then you can add the user and grant the permission to the users with the checkbox.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 10:35 PM

All replies

• User612574037 posted

Hi,

Maybe the user need to access your temp folder and write some files in it. You need to grant the Read, Write and Delete permission to the user. You can do like the below steps.

1.Open your disk(C:)

2.Right click the temp folder and select the Property.

3.Expand the Security tab.

4.Click the “Edit” button.

5.You will find the “Add” button and click it.

Then you can add the user and grant the permission to the users with the checkbox.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 10:35 PM
  • User1120880999 posted

Qi Wu, thanks for your response. I managed to solve the problem on your way. I add grant permissions to the user CREATOR-OWNER. And in some magic way it helped! It looks strange to me because I can't see any changes have been made - I mean, none of permissions aren't checked (except  Special permissions) when I expand the Security tab. However in Advanced security settings all permissions are activated.

Any idea, why permissions has vanished so unexpectedly?

Tomek

Monday, April 23, 2012 11:32 PM