which one should I prefer nservicebus or RabbitMQ RRS feed

• Question

• User977311902 posted

Hi,

I want to develop a reliable messaging component which can take any message and then take decision according to the type of message.

I come accross nservicebus and RabbitMQ open source.

I just want some expert opnion about which one should i use .

Any Help ??

Thanks,

Sunday, May 2, 2010 4:29 AM

Answers

• User290385002 posted

Actually the service bus concept has very little to do with transformation and integration per se. Those are features of broker based technologies (like BizTalk). That being said, NServiceBus provides for interop using XSD over HTTP through the use of its gateway and webservice adapters. As for scalability and routing, those are already baked into NServiceBus.

In the future, I recommend you bring these questions to the discussion group:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nservicebus/ 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 4:33 AM

All replies

• User-340543413 posted

If your objective is to decision according to the type of message, topic exchange in RabbitMq does.  RabbitMq is powerful, subscription model is quite cool.

You can even add service model to rabbitmq.
    http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/v1.7.1/rabbitmq-dotnet-client-1.7.1-wcf-service-model.pdf

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 10:47 AM
  • User290385002 posted

NServiceBus is a higher level framework than RabbitMQ providing support for long-running processes as well as unit testing libraries for your message-based logic and, in fact, people have swapped out the MSMQ layer of NServiceBus and plugged in RabbitMQ in its place giving the best of both worlds. 

Sunday, June 13, 2010 2:11 AM
  • User977311902 posted

Hi Udhi,

Thanks for suggestion and good for me that, I am directly contact with you.

I have another question about the service bus concept.

Like in ESB we have transformation ,scalability,integration with different technologies and routing.

these are the features come to my notice when I propose NserviceBus in my architecture.

how I can achieve these feature I mean there is any default support in NserviceBus for these features or I have to go to some open source(java) esb like mule.

Because I tried my best to find any good esb in .net Except NserviceBus,But I have above concern.

Thanks in advance to answer my question.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 3:49 AM
  • User290385002 posted

Actually the service bus concept has very little to do with transformation and integration per se. Those are features of broker based technologies (like BizTalk). That being said, NServiceBus provides for interop using XSD over HTTP through the use of its gateway and webservice adapters. As for scalability and routing, those are already baked into NServiceBus.

In the future, I recommend you bring these questions to the discussion group:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nservicebus/ 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 4:33 AM