none
Calling WCF service from ASP.net page RRS feed

• Question

• i made a WCF class library project i added to it EDMX file contain my database and interfaces and classes inherit interfaces and perform main functionality of application then made new WCF application project and included reference to WCF class library and configured web.config file with my services and created asp web application and added service reference to my service and called function that adds record to database threw this exception "The specified named connection is either not found in the configuration, not intended to be used with the EntityClient provider, or not valid."
    Monday, March 18, 2013 1:22 PM

All replies

• On 3/18/2013 9:22 AM, Raef Poules wrote:

i made a WCF class library project i added to it EDMX file contain my database and interfaces and classes inherit interfaces and perform main functionality of application

A WCF classlibary project? That should be the Data Access Layer or Data Tier classlibary project

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multitier_architecture

then made new WCF application project and included reference to WCF class library and configured web.config file with my services

The connectionsting needs to go into WCF Web.config.
     and created asp web application and added service reference to my service and called function that adds record to database
    threw this exception "The specified named connection is either not found in the configuration, not intended to be used with the EntityClient provider, or not valid."

The connectionstring should not be in the Web.config of the ASP.NET Web pages project.
     Where is the Business Logic Layer?

Monday, March 18, 2013 3:43 PM