Black Screen Lumia 1520 RRS feed

• Question

• I have had my fone since November 2014. Eversince I have updated to Windows 8.1 last December I have been having problems with my screen going black. The fone works but I am unable to do anything. Soft and hard resets do not work for me. The 2 times I have experienced it, I waited for the battery to drain and upon charging the screen is ok. Now knowing the battery life this takes about 2 to 3 days.  I am now experiencing this for the third time and I am getting frustrated. I have checked online and found that this is a recurring problem for 1520 users around the world. I am from the Philippines and the service centers here have no solutions to offer at all besides the hard and soft reset processes that does not work at all \. They wouldn't eve replace my fone.  Is there a permanent solution to this concern. Please advise.
    Friday, January 2, 2015 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As you have make a software and hardware reset, and that your problem is still present, you can try the tool developed by Nokia (MSFT now), Lumia Recovery Software Tool. This software will flash the latest version available on Nokia Care servers of your hardware product code.
    Saturday, January 3, 2015 10:02 PM
  • does nothing whatsover, still stuck with the black screen... what else can i do?

Sunday, January 4, 2015 12:46 PM
  • Hello PingPing05:

Thank you for posting to the forum with your experience.  I have not seen other reports of this behavior nor experienced it on my 1520 with the 8.1 developer preview.  At this point I have a couple suggestions for you, but before you do anything prefer backup.

We will start with a few things to try.  Some of these are just shots in the dark but might be worth seeing if it changes your experience.

• Go to settings and toggle the following settings; battery saver, brightness, display (including adjusting the color profile).
    • Go to your lock screen settings and adjust the current settings here including the background used and the time out duration.
    • If you have an SD card in the phone, remove the SD card.
    • Perform a soft reset of the phone by going to storage sense > tapping phone > going to temporary files > delete > tap Internet Explorer settings > delete history.  Once you have done this, tap and hold the down volume button + the power button.
    • Factory reset the phone.  I do advise you to turn on all backups and copy media to a computer before doing this.
    Sunday, January 4, 2015 1:02 PM
  • again my screen is all black so as much as i would want to do that, I cant.

Monday, January 5, 2015 12:44 PM
  • I would suggest you to go to the nearest Microsoft Store or Nokia Outlet and show this problem. If you are having the warranty I'm sure they will replace it. Or ask them how to fix it. 
    Monday, January 5, 2015 1:11 PM
  • will go tomm and update u guys. hopefully this gets fixed. i love the fone and would hate to replace it with another make and model.

Monday, January 5, 2015 5:19 PM