Application dashboard "crash" count

Question

• In one of my applications, recently, the number os crashes has been rising, my question is, those crashes are "Application crashes", being that application crash refers to completly closing and forcing user to open it again, or those crashes may be "handled exceptions"?

Image of Crashes

Zead

Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:44 AM

Answers

• Handled exceptions don't show up in the crash reports. However there can be cases of your App "crashing" without the user noticing. E.g. your App navigates to a setting or opens a file and crashes while saving it's data. This might not be noticable as the user successfully arrives at the App displaying the File while in the background your App has crashed.

I would suggest to have a look at the Exception texts that are available in the reporting section of the Dev Center in order to find out what's happening on those devices.

• Marked as answer by Zead Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:43 PM
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:15 PM

All replies

• Handled exceptions don't show up in the crash reports. However there can be cases of your App "crashing" without the user noticing. E.g. your App navigates to a setting or opens a file and crashes while saving it's data. This might not be noticable as the user successfully arrives at the App displaying the File while in the background your App has crashed.

I would suggest to have a look at the Exception texts that are available in the reporting section of the Dev Center in order to find out what's happening on those devices.

• Marked as answer by Zead Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:43 PM
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:15 PM
  • I see, one of the markets doesnt allow you to see the stack traces. I believe its Windows 8?

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Zead

Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:43 PM