none
Non-linear x-scale RRS feed

• Question

• I am handling data for alarm management. According to EEMUA 191 standard, I need to make a chart which has a non-linear, non logarithmic x-scale. Different sections of the chart have different background. I tried combining multiple charts into one. For the background i used colored shapes. This is getting very difficult to handle. Is there a more easy way to do this? Eg by using VBA?

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi jorisherrygers,

its look like you want to do like this.

if so then please visit the link below.

Different sections of background in chart

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards

Deepak 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:13 AM

All replies

• Are you talking about the kinds of colored scatter charts as seen on this link?

http://www.hazardexonthenet.net/article/84993/EEMUA-191--Implications-of-Revision-3-on-KPIs.aspx

If yes, I'm thinking Excel is the wrong tool.

If no, can you provide a link to an example of what you're trying to build?

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 3:46 PM
  • Hi jorisherrygers,

• I visit the link that had suggested by the Dogubob. if it is that type of chart that is mentioned in that website. I find that it is scattered chart. which can you make very easily in excel. but I find in your description that chart have different background in different sections. this can be something difficult.
    • you have asked a question that can you achieve this requirement using VBA.

Here I want to say that you can do the same thing using VBA code as you do it by using user interface. so if you think that by using user interface it is difficult to create this type of chart then it will also difficult to do it through VBA code.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 12:43 AM
  • Hi jorisherrygers,

its look like you want to do like this.

if so then please visit the link below.

Different sections of background in chart

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards

Deepak 

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:13 AM