ECCN for AES 128bit encrypted SQLite database

Question

• Hi Folks,

I read all threads considering encryption and I even visited the BIS Homepage. But I'm not sure which is the right ECCN for my modern UI app.

We are using an SQLite DB and the user has the Option to encrypt his database with aes 128bit.

I think it must be 5D002 or 5D992. Or am I wrong? Is there any advice?

Thanks for not redircting me to BIS :-)

Dragon

Sunday, November 16, 2014 9:59 PM

Answers

• After Long Long reading of American laws I found the right ECCN-Number. Perhaps it helps anyone else, too:

ECCN: 5D992 !!! §742.15(b)4 e-CFL mass market product(database) - self classification without registration is possible.

Monday, December 22, 2014 4:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Dragon,

What I can find about AES encrypted database files is this reference. Hope can help you.

I know you want to protect your data, but you are making things complex. The best way to protect your data, as I know, is to keep it on the server and provide the results to you end users. Microsoft also provides an easy way to protect data. You can see the class in the following link. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.security.cryptography.dataprotection.dataprotectionprovider.aspx.

If you still have questions, please post more information about your scenario.

Regards,

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this
     information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 17, 2014 9:22 AM
  • I think you missed the Point. The encryption is already implemented. I Need the right ECCN-Number for uploading my app in the store.

Thanks a lot

Dragon

Monday, November 17, 2014 3:55 PM
  • After Long Long reading of American laws I found the right ECCN-Number. Perhaps it helps anyone else, too:

ECCN: 5D992 !!! §742.15(b)4 e-CFL mass market product(database) - self classification without registration is possible.

Monday, December 22, 2014 4:15 PM