none
Disable Touch driver events in GWES on WCE 7. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are developing an instrument using Windows Compact Embedded 7.

The main application will run in kiosk mode and customer has asked to be able to dynamically en/disable the touch screen driver.

I have full control over the touch driver source code, but rather than calling directly into the driver to en/disable the driver I would like to let GWES know to ignore the touch events.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for any pointers or suggestions.

Bjoern

Monday, May 27, 2013 9:30 AM

Answers

• I'd say that the right way is to unload the touch driver when the API call DisableTouchInput() (or whatever you care to name it) occurs. I've never attempted this in CE7 but I think it should be possible to dynamically add/remove input drivers. The reason I like this solution is that no non-standard GWES modifications are needed; when touch is to be disabled, the input device is simply removed just like unplugging a USB keyboard.

Paul T.

• Marked as answer by BjoernF Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:02 PM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:51 PM

All replies

• I'd say that the right way is to unload the touch driver when the API call DisableTouchInput() (or whatever you care to name it) occurs. I've never attempted this in CE7 but I think it should be possible to dynamically add/remove input drivers. The reason I like this solution is that no non-standard GWES modifications are needed; when touch is to be disabled, the input device is simply removed just like unplugging a USB keyboard.

Paul T.

• Marked as answer by BjoernF Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:02 PM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:51 PM
  • Hi Paul,

thanks for the pointer.

That's a cleaner solution than my approach of introducing IOCTL's into the driver.

BTW: Unloading the Touch Driver is part of the WCETK touch driver tests.

Thanks again.

Bjoern

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:02 PM