North Europe outage? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

For couple of hours Virtual Machine instance's endpoints in North Europe are unreachable.

I've noticed from the Portal dashboard a sudden restart of my VM without notice.

Also traceroute fails on

ae11-0.db3-96c-2a.ntwk.msn.net (204.152.141.75)  or  ae12-0.db3-96c-2b.ntwk.msn.net (204.152.141.77) 

(I'm not sure if this is an issue though)

Any comments? Nothing was in the announcements about VM in North Erope

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience. Could you let me which Data Center the VM is located. Some services are still affected due to the Outage. A fix has been rolled out and Customers should start seeing availability improvement across all regions. Some affected customers may still see intermittent impact.  I would advice you to wait for sometime. Please refer to the HYPERLINK "http://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/status/"Azure Dashboard to check on the status.

Regards,

Sowmya

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:48 AM
  • Hi,

The same in West Europe. I get the error "Could not retrieve the settings for endpoint monitoring" and I can't connect via RDP to my instance.

Best regards,

Andrzej

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:55 AM
  • Dearest Sowmya,

No, I can't tell you which Data Center the VM is located, since I have no clue where to look for it.

It's interesting though, that you're mentioning "The Outage" like it's something well known to everybody.

And I've admittedly failed to express that Azure Dashboard doesn't tell anything related to VMs in North Europe, as you're suggesting to consult it. Nothing relevant is shown on the Dashboard, Sowmya!

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 9:05 AM
  • Same problem here: 'Could not retrieve the settings for endpoint monitoring'.

Azure status: 'Azure core platform components are working properly.'

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 9:34 AM
  • HI,

Same problem my VM is running.

But no activity (VM shutdown at 8 PM and start at 9 AM) and no RDP.

And no information on http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/#current

Damien.

http://kouilb.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 9:34 AM
  • Same problem. VMs running, but no way to connect via RDP, HTTPS... Since hours ago!

Everything located in North Europe.

And the Azure status portal keep saying "All good! Everything is running great."

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 10:32 AM
  • Hi, 

we have the same problem with all of our VMs in West Europe and Nord Europe, since 3 AM. 
    This is not only a small problem of some customers so when can we count for a solution?
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 10:37 AM
  • Hi,

A limited subset of customers using Storage in North Europe and West Europe may be continuing to experience intermittent issues or latency when accessing services as a backlog of requests is processed. The processing continues to make progress.

Regards,

Sowmya
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:43 AM
  • Could you please tell us more about "the Outage"? It looks like we are part of this "limited subset" of customers.. When can we expect to get this problem solved? VMs are not reachable now for more than 12 hours and all I can read is "customers may experience intermittent issues or latency.." or everything is running great..

If our productive VMs are not reachable at all and we are not able to start / stop / restart VMs I guess this is not a intermittent issue or running great.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 12:10 PM
  • Same here! Our complete productive service is out-of-Business. Our customers getting mad slowly because its now for round about 10 hours. I also opened a post with a question about generell handling this massive Service interruption here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/cdb1224f-d6d3-43ab-8e83-3fbce3c64edd/azure-vm-service-interruption?forum=WAVirtualMachinesforWindows. And if you look in this forum its not just a "limited subset", also I don't know why it is important if many customer have these problems or only a few. We all running productive services on Azure.
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 12:18 PM
  • For issues following the incident earlier this week, if a VM is still unresponsive, we would recommend first trying to restart the VM and then resizing it if restarting did not restore connectivity. If the VM is still unresponsive, we recommend that you follow the detailed steps on how to recover these VMs listed here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mast/archive/2014/11/20/recovering-azure-vm-by-attaching-os-disk-to-another-azure-vm.aspx

If this doesn’t work, we would recommend emailing AzCommSM@Microsoft.com with your Subscription ID & VM Names (that have the issue) for more support. 

• Marked as answer by Sowmya K R Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:43 AM
    Friday, November 21, 2014 4:11 AM