none
Visual Studio Community 2015 Lagging

Question

• Hi!

I have used other version of VS on my computer just fine but the other day, I installed VS Community 2015 for the first time and it has been really lagging when I try to type. It works for a few seconds just fine, and then will freeze for a bit. Everything else about VS seems to be working just fine, it's just when I am trying to type.

The project I am working on is a bit large and I am using perforce. This issue is making it really difficult to get anything done. Any help/ideas/fixes would be great! Thanks!

Thursday, June 9, 2016 3:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Tendency,

Do you install Visual Studio Community 2015 with other version of VS on the same machine?

If yes, please uninstall some old version of Visual Studio to release some space. Because if there are multiple Visual Studio installed on the same machine, your computer will become slowly and the Visual Studio also execute the operations slowly.

If not installed on the same machine, please check whether your machine is busy when running Visual Studio. Please open the Task Manager windows to check the Memory and CPU to make sure they are not busy first.

Then please close all third part software when running Visual Studio, such as antivirus and other programs.

Besides, your mentioned that the project you are working is a bit large. Please create a default project without custom code to check whether it also has this issue.

And please uncheck following settings in Visual Studio Tools -> Options -> Environment -> General, which can all projects in Visual Studio that use designer will be load quickly.

In addition, please check whether installed some packages and extensions for your Visual Studio, which also may cause the Visual Studio slowly. Please run your Visual Studio in safe mode to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 10, 2016 8:20 AM