Choice Column 2nd stage in SharePoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to create a SharePoint Choice column where each choice will have another set of selection to be chosen. Like If I have three option in choice column : a)

b)

c)

For selecting (a) user should select choice 1, 2, 3

for selecting (b) user should select from choice 4,5,6 and so on. Is it possible? I hope I m not confusing it. Appreciate it if any solution can be provided for this.

SharePoint 2010

Thx,

ZA

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hi ZA,

If my understanding is correct, you want to implement a cascading Drop Down List in SharePoint 2010.

For this issue, you are unable to achieve this through user interface.

We suggest you resolve it though InfoPath Designer. You can do as the followings :
     1.Create a custom list called “Choice 1”
     2.Add choice to the list: a, b…
     3.Create  another list called “Choice 2”
     4.Go to the List Settings of “Choice 2” and click on ‘create column’. Create  a Lookup column called “Choice 1” with the following settings: Get information from “Choice 1” in this column “Title”
     5.Add some choices to this list
     6.Create another list called “Choice”
     7.Click on ‘Create column’ and create a Lookup column called “Choice 1”. Get information from: “Choice 1”,  in this column: “Title”
     8.Repeat above step, create a Lookup column called “Choice 2”. Get information from: “Choice 2”,  in this column: “Title”
     9.Open the list settings for “Choice” and click on ‘Form settings’. You will see a label with the text ‘Customize the current form using Microsoft InfoPath’. Click OK.
     10.Configure the list in Microsoft InfoPath

More detailed information, please refer to the link below.

http://parallelmindsblog.com/2012/12/17/cascading-drop-down-list-in-sharepoint-2010/

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:48 AM