none
I can't move the position of a text box in access 2013 report RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason, when I use report>design mode in Access 2013, trying to modify the report layout, access refuses to let me move text boxes to different columns! What is this about? There is some strange dotted-line surrounding the area I am working in, and I can't drag labels or text boxes to different column positions. Is there some way to turn this obnoxious behavior off?

Also, when I drag a text box or label up or down, the whole row of boxes or labels move together. How do I return to normal report editing?

Thanks.

Friday, September 15, 2017 6:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sounds like you have a Stacked Layout applied. Select all the Textboxes and then in the Arrange Tab, click on Remove Layout.

Hope it helps...

• Edited by .theDBguy Friday, September 15, 2017 7:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fredrated451 Friday, September 15, 2017 7:31 PM
    Friday, September 15, 2017 7:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sounds like you have a Stacked Layout applied. Select all the Textboxes and then in the Arrange Tab, click on Remove Layout.

Hope it helps...

• Edited by .theDBguy Friday, September 15, 2017 7:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fredrated451 Friday, September 15, 2017 7:31 PM
    Friday, September 15, 2017 7:18 PM
  • Thanks, that was it! It seems like every time we move to a new version of Access it is a new learning experience.

Thanks again, DBGuy, you have helped me several times and I always appreciate it.

Friday, September 15, 2017 7:31 PM
  • Hi,

You're welcome! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Friday, September 15, 2017 7:53 PM