none
Windows Dev Center Dashboard-Downloads Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

Recently my windows store apps' download count stop counting. Up untill now all my downloads were updated every day so I had a 2-day lag. Now the lag is 4-5 days depending on the app and it's increasing. It's March 10 and the most recent update is of March 6. Is there a general problem with the dashboard?

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Same for my apps, so you are not aloe.

//b

Monday, March 10, 2014 3:46 PM
  • It's good to know that I'm not the only one. Thank you!
    Monday, March 10, 2014 4:28 PM
  • Unfortunately this is nothing new. These types of issues have occurred again and again and again with the Dashboard and Microsoft has been quite indifferent about the issues.
    Hard to believe, I know, but this is a pretty normal occurrence with Microsoft.
    Monday, March 10, 2014 7:00 PM
  • Yes, this seems to be often "broken". Their data update process needs some much needed attention.
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 3:54 AM
  • How ironic that a company that is in the business of providing database solutions and services so clearly demonstrates an inability to implement a decent functioning database solution that isn’t constantly broken.
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:08 AM
  • Hello all,

This issue has been addressed in this sticky post.

Thanks,

-Jonathan

Windows Store Developer Support

Office Store Developer Support

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:29 PM
  • Yes it is indeed ironic. 

Can I suggest to Microsoft that as well as fixing this issue they also eliminate the 2-day lag? Maybe there is a bug in their code which translates local time to different countries. The number of downloads is something that could be done instantly within seconds not days.

\^_^/

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:24 PM
  • The data latency is an issue that we are actively working to improve. The download information is not a real-time system because of the distributed nature of the data as well as the volume of data. There are many data processing steps that need to be run in the backend pipeline in order to produce a user-friendly report.

As for the time zone, all date/time on the reports are in UTC.

Monday, June 9, 2014 9:33 PM
  • I have the same issue bro. I published my App on 4th September. The dashboard was updated on the next day but after that it didn't. Now today is 12th September means it's been a whole week since my dashboard was updated and ireally wanna know my downloads.

Friday, September 12, 2014 11:35 AM