Deploy an solution from VS 2012 to a remote server (2003 r2 IIS 6) RRS feed

• Question

• User-1052732201 posted

I noticed when I trying to verify the connection to the above server i get a failure. The error Web deploy agent is not  install on the target machine...

I read an article says that I could use the remote agent instead..... can someone point me to an article that could describe me how to create the appropriate publish profile to deploy the site. I am aware that are other ways to deploy the site (one click, zip file). Just do not know requirements (need to install or assure what service needs to be running to complete the task,

The architecture is Site is deploy from a windows 7 machine (VS 2012) , to target server 2003 r2(ii6) , the site retrieve data from data base which is located in another server.

I will like to authenticate thru windows integration; all machines are in a domain. But my first concern is deploying the site to the web server,,, How can I create  a trust connection to publish or I need to use the other deployment methods (one click or zip file). What intermediate tools if any I need to install in the Web Server

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:40 AM

Answers

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi mjocasio,

Are there other means to deploy it.... Cn I just copy the soultion to the directory

There are some ways that you can consider, such as Web Deployment Package  File System, FTP, then you can configure the website manually in the IIS.

You also can copy all the project/solution to the server directory, then configure the website in the IIS (e.g. create a new website in iis, configure the website that you create using that directory).

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:33 PM

All replies

• User-1716253493 posted
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/2c522246-8450-408d-b907-197dfa0fdbb6.mspx?mfr=true
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:59 AM
  • User-1052732201 posted

I noticed when I select the Basci settings for my site and click Test Settings It returns Invalid application path. i do change the security property of the DfaultAppPool to access the solution folder in IIS directory. In general I'm gettin an login failure to my database (remote) and it pointing to my workstation.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:50 AM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi mijocasio,

Thanks for your post!

The error Web deploy agent is not  install on the target machine

Please check whether the Web deploy tool has already been installed in the Server 2003 and the status of service is running.

There is a link that can help you:

# Web Deploy

http://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/web-deploy

Thanks

Best Regards 

Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:38 AM
  • User1079421601 posted

Which framework do you use. If it is 4.5 then I am afrid that you may not install 2003 Server. So, frist try to install framework.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:43 AM
  • User-1052732201 posted

The basic settings is set for 4.1 classic..... The tools is not install on the server...... So I did request to install it... Are there other means to deploy it.... Cn I just copy the soultion to the directory. I now I could go ahead see what happens,,,, but what are my alternative. FTP? Manual copy or implement One click or zip file..... 

Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:32 AM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi mjocasio,

Are there other means to deploy it.... Cn I just copy the soultion to the directory

There are some ways that you can consider, such as Web Deployment Package  File System, FTP, then you can configure the website manually in the IIS.

You also can copy all the project/solution to the server directory, then configure the website in the IIS (e.g. create a new website in iis, configure the website that you create using that directory).

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:33 PM