none
.Net Framework installation error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am trying to install .net framework so I can play a computer game, I bought the laptop used and it had some viruses on it. I think I got rid of most of them but everytime I try to install it gives me an unknown error.

Windows 7 64 Bit, 4GB RAM,

Here is the log

OS Version = 6.1.7601, Platform 2, Service Pack 1
    OS Description = Windows 7 - x64 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1
    CommandLine = C:\06f95b57964ae11e06d7b9ef809963\\Setup.exe /x86 /x64 /ia64 /web
    TimeZone = Central Daylight Time
    Initial LCID = 1033
    Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
    Operation: Installing
    Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup
    Package Version = 4.0.30319
    User Experience Data Collection Policy: Disabled
    Number of applicable items: 11
    WinHttpDetectAutoProxyConfigUrl failed with error: 12180
    Unable to retrieve Proxy information although WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser called succeeded
    Exe (C:\06f95b57964ae11e06d7b9ef809963\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
    Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
    ServiceControl operation succeeded!
    ServiceControl operation succeeded!
    Exe (C:\Users\SHADOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup_4.0.30319\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu) failed with 0x424 - The specified service does not exist as an installed service. .
    Unable to retrieve Proxy information although WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser called succeeded
    Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x00000424), "The specified service does not exist as an installed service. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:01:11).

Monday, September 17, 2012 1:47 AM

Answers

• 1. You need to ensure your system is completely free of viruses and malware as a first step. As we don't know what AV software you use, the generic procedure is to first make sure the AV software is up to date, then run a full scan of your system.

2. We need to see complete install logs. Please provide as follows:

collect your install logs with this:

http://aka.ms/vscollect

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

Monday, September 17, 2012 11:28 PM
  • In addition to MVP's post, it seems "WinHttpDetectAutoProxyConfigUrl failed with error" means the package did not download correctly. You may also try standalone installer from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718

Regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:43 AM

All replies

• 1. You need to ensure your system is completely free of viruses and malware as a first step. As we don't know what AV software you use, the generic procedure is to first make sure the AV software is up to date, then run a full scan of your system.

2. We need to see complete install logs. Please provide as follows:

collect your install logs with this:

http://aka.ms/vscollect

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

Monday, September 17, 2012 11:28 PM
  • In addition to MVP's post, it seems "WinHttpDetectAutoProxyConfigUrl failed with error" means the package did not download correctly. You may also try standalone installer from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718

Regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:43 AM