none
Failed certification due to "failed perf test in Windows ACK" but technical compliance test passed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I submitted my app to the marketplace a week or so ago, and just got the failed result back today. Unfortunately, the test report was very vague as to the problem, and had no feedback on how to repro.

Under the tester notes, the tester said that the perf test of WACK failed. However, the technical compliance section, which runs WACK, passed. I have run WACK on my machine, and it passes as well.

Also none of the links that the tester posted are valid. I would be fine with fixing a legitimate issue, but I am unfortunately at a loss on how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Thanks,

Thomas Woo

Three Screen Studios

Friday, November 9, 2012 4:08 AM

Answers

• Hi ThreeScreenStudios,

In order to be able to discuss specifics of your app and the reasons for failure, please go to the following site and open a support ticket for this issue. http://aka.ms/StoreSupport. This will be the best way to accurately address this for you and ensure you are given the proper support.

Thanks,

Jesse

Friday, November 9, 2012 4:18 AM

All replies

• Hi ThreeScreenStudios,

In order to be able to discuss specifics of your app and the reasons for failure, please go to the following site and open a support ticket for this issue. http://aka.ms/StoreSupport. This will be the best way to accurately address this for you and ensure you are given the proper support.

Thanks,

Jesse

Friday, November 9, 2012 4:18 AM
  • Thanks Jesse, will do.
    Friday, November 9, 2012 4:25 AM
  • Hello;

I have the same issue with Windows 8.1. On 8.0, it passed all the tests (x86 and RT), but since 8.1, it fails on RT. The weird things that it works on Surface RT (pass all tests), but not on the device used by the testers. I've did request support, but have no news yes for a week. 

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:59 PM
  • Hey Execom,

By request support, do you mean you opened a support ticket with Developer Support? 
    It is best while on the forums to start your own thread, so I would recommend that as well. 

If you would like immediate attention on the certification report, go ahead and jump into the Live Chat option of support. Please keep in mind we are not the testers, but are helpful in helping you understand common reasons for the app failure and provide some documentation to help you get it certified.

Thanks for the post, best of luck with the app! 

- Robert

Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:40 PM
  • Yes, I've opened a ticket.  All my D3D app can't be updated on Windows 8.1 RT (some where validated at least 20 times with not issues,but since 8.1). It appears to be an issue with the Trim function which is required, but fails the 3.2 requirement (takes too long after resume). But it's a catch 22: This function is now required.

Right now the solution is to update for x86 and not RT, until either WACK and requirement are updated with the removal of the Trim function.

Thanks again

Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:49 PM
  • I have added trim to 4 of my apps and not had a problem.

However after updating my Vast anti virus software I found nothing passed.

So I removed Avast and installed Comodo and the problems went away.

IDXGIDevice3 * pDXGIDevice;
    	if (FAILED(dxgiDevice->QueryInterface(__uuidof(IDXGIDevice3), (void **) &pDXGIDevice)))
    		return;

pDXGIDevice->Trim();

n.Wright

Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:22 PM
  • I don't think that tester have Avast installer, but they have probably Windows Defender which is greatly reduce the performance.

I'm dropping support for ARM on Windows 8.1, since it's impossible to get certified, I have one support ticket, where I've sent the appackage with the report on a Surface RT. Still not news for one week. Also the support mess-up the ticket with another request.

Finally I had one today: "I do not have the exact machine specs that are used for the testing, but you should test
    your app on the lowest powered machine available, as the testers do test on low powered machines."

Well I'm testing on the lowest powered machine available : The Microsoft Surface RT (1st gen). This is the lowest specification for Windows RT device., this was said in my description support. 

Monday, November 11, 2013 10:12 PM