none
EPM 2013 Sharepoint Designer Workflow Publishing Error.

Question

• Dear Friends,

I am using office 365 and having error while publishing a ppm lifecycle.

ERROR IS : (Microsoft.Workflow.Client.ActivityValidationException: Workflow XAML failed validation due to the following errors: Exceeded maximum XAML element depth; maximum is 125. HTTP headers received from the server - ActivityId: 5c5c51bc-af13-4cc7-b00e-146e6b2728e4. NodeId: . Scope: . Client ActivityId : 52e8dd9d-90ad-3000-feef-cca5051659fe. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. at Microsoft.Workflow.Common.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult re])

I have open ticket with microsoft and technical person gave reason for error was "This is because : There is a hard limit of 125 for node depth in xaml. The maximum value of 121 levels accounts for the default activities (stage, sequence, etc.) that SharePoint Designer inserts automatically. Th workflow you created exceeds the limit of workflow complexity, That is the reason you were getting the above error."

Can anyone let me know what exactly i am exceeding ? Either it is the total number of stages or the variable used in stages or what.

Thank You,

Tehsim

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:00 AM

Answers

• Hello Grace,

If i trim few stages it publish without error as well i can easily publish new simple workflow.

Thank You,

• Marked as answer by Tehsim Wednesday, March 22, 2017 10:34 AM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Tehsim,

From your description, please check and trim unnecessary variable declarations and actions in your workflow.

Besides, create a simple workflow to check if this issue exists.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:02 AM
  • Hello Grace,

If i trim few stages it publish without error as well i can easily publish new simple workflow.

Thank You,

• Marked as answer by Tehsim Wednesday, March 22, 2017 10:34 AM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:48 AM
  • Hi Tehsim,

I'm glad you have resolved your issue and thanks for your sharing.

You can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members to find the similar question quickly.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 10:01 AM