What should i learn to make ...... RRS feed

• General discussion

• I want to make a program for stores.

It needs a form that the user will add the product and their infos.And another form where the user will write what products someone bought.The form that will be writed product boughted will get product info from the first form.

What should I star learn to do this(databases,clases)?

Albania

• Changed type Leo (Apple) Yang Monday, April 14, 2014 5:59 AM Change thread type to discussion
    Saturday, April 5, 2014 9:13 PM

All replies

It needs a form that the user will add the product and their infos.And another form where the user will write what products someone bought.The form that will be writed product boughted will get product info from the first form.

Albania

Artir,

I have to say that I like your outlook; indeed you can and WILL be a great programmer! Don't let others convince you otherwise.

What you're talking about though is a very large, diverse, complex, and involved project. Nevertheless, it can be done to whatever extent you want to do it.

Understanding databases and classes is essential, yes. Create smaller projects to practice with until you're comfortable with each them - which itself will take a while - but go that far, then with that knowledge you'll already then know how to proceed on this project.

Good luck on your project! :)

Please call me Frank :)

Saturday, April 5, 2014 9:32 PM
  • Hello,

Beginning with code typically is a very bad idea. The first place to start is not with code but with a design using proven practices followed by database schema that will be used to store data for all data operations. Until you have done this you are not ready to code a successful solutions that are easy to maintain and easy in the sense of scaleability when customers (and they usually do) ask for additional functionality or when you meet with issues because there was no up front planning. 

When you do get down to coding never think in terms of forms but instead of classes that will do the majority of work while forms serve for interfacing with users only. Consider having one project for the user interface while the classes doing the bulk of the work are in a class project.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Sunday, April 6, 2014 5:45 AM

Albania

By saying you want to make a program for stores you are providing confusing information.

Do you mean you want to create an application you can publish in the Windows store or do you want to create an application that has storage capability via a database?

If you want to learn databases and are not interested in publishing something for the Windows store then this link may help you. Some of it has to do with a database called the Northwind database.

Overview of Data Applications in Visual Studio

And you can use the MSDN Library search engine to pretty much search for anything Microsoft Development related including the Northwind database. It may take some time to learn the best methods to use it.

If you actually are attempting to design an app to publish in the Windows store then you probably need to do a lot of research on what applications are already available as well as attempting to figure out what people would want to buy. And try not to replicate an application that is already for sale. Which, in my opinion, would be quite difficult to do. Although since you're young you may know what the younger crowd likes and be able to figure out something that would sell like hotcakes.

Hello. I'm old and retired. I like to program if you could call what I do programming. However I'd like to code for you! If you've got the dime then I've got the time. Call me, landline, @ BR-549.

Sunday, April 6, 2014 8:39 AM