Can't find LayoutAwarePage HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Question

• My design pages were rendering just fine.  Then I set a break and looked at various pages which included the LayoutAwarePage, but I didn't make any changes.

Now, I can't see the design page of any of the xaml pages in my project.  I get the error: UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

The stack trace is:

at Windows.Storage.KnownFolders.get_DocumentsLibrary()
       at Z_Tracker.Data.ZDataSource.<ReadText>d__12.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__0(Object state)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Stephen

I've tried rebooting. Looking at the file in the explorer, the date is 8/10, so it didn't get changed by whatever I did today.

The error says that LayoutAwarePage doesn't exist in the namespace "Using:Z_Tracker.Common".  But the file is in my directory

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:03 AM

Answers

• I tried copying this file from another location (after backing up the current file - LayoutAwarePage.cs) but that didn't work.  So I copied the original file back and it's now working again.

I changed the data to be read from a file.  That appears to be the issue.  While there is sample data in the data file, I don't get the error.

Stephen

• Marked as answer by Aldona Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:09 PM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:09 PM