Window 8.1 Tablet Not able to obtain Developer Licence on tablet

Question

• Hi all,

I have issue a package of Window Store App, when I run powershell to extract the package, it says that it is not able to obtain developer license and the another prompt shows then error happen, it cant get developer license, is there any fix for it?

It worked fine the first time...

I have followed this closely:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/patricka/archive/2012/11/05/how-do-i-deploy-a-windows-8-app-to-another-device-for-testing.aspx

• Edited by Minh Dang Friday, July 18, 2014 4:08 AM
    Friday, July 18, 2014 4:05 AM

Answers

• Hi Minh Dang,

You want to debug the app on a Windows 8.1 tablet or publish it to the device?

If you want to debug the app, you can directly do it by Visual Studio instead of creating the package and install the package in the remote device. Take a look at: Run Windows Store apps on a remote machine

The part you are missing on the Blog probably is Installing the Remote Tools, you have to install something in remote device before you would debug app on that device.

If your app is sideloading, that you can definitely install the app on the remote device.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Minh Dang Monday, July 21, 2014 5:36 AM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 2:19 AM