Lightswitch with Visual Studion 2010 Pro & MSDN subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've purchased Visual Studio 2010 Pro incl. a 12 months MSDN Essentials subscription and want to build Lightswitch applications.

So I installed Lightswitch trial but my Visual Studio 2010 product key is invalid for Lightswitch.

I'm wondering how to activate my Lightswitch installation and how do I find my MSDN subscription credentials?

Appreciate any help on how to troubleshoot.

Thanks Bodo

• Edited by BodoHH Friday, January 6, 2012 10:25 PM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Bodo, you are correct in that VS Pro with MSDN Essentials does not include LightSwitch.  You'll need to upgrade to at least a VS Professional with MSDN full subscription to download a registered version of LightSwitch.

Regards,

John Stallo

Monday, January 9, 2012 7:53 PM

All replies

• Hi

I wonder why you install trial vesrion of Visual Studio LightSwitch when you have right to install LS if you have at least Visual Studio Pro with MSDN subscritpion.

You need to get credentials from your reseller.

If you have your subscription details (Subscriber ID or Benefit Access Number, name, and email) then you can activate your account to start using your subscription benefits on this link:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/add/default.aspx

Best regards

Spaso Lazarevic
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 6:13 PM
  • If you open Visual Studio you should be able to select the help menu and there is a link there to register Lightswitch.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 2:31 AM
  • Thanks you both,

well without installing LS it's not available as a project type in my VS 2010 Pro with MSDN subscription.

However now I've registered my MSDN subscription to use MSDN downloads for subscribers.

Now when I attempt to download "Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011 Web Installer (x86)" from msdn download for subscribers I get

the information: Product unavailable with your subscription level

So I check my level that is "Visual Studio Professional with MSDN Download All"

Appreciate any thoughts

Thanks

Bodo

• Edited by BodoHH Friday, January 6, 2012 7:26 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 7:22 PM
  • sorry I should add I have a MSDN Essential subscription which not includes the option to download Lightswitch

from MSDN.

Monday, January 9, 2012 5:54 PM
  • Hi Bodo, you are correct in that VS Pro with MSDN Essentials does not include LightSwitch.  You'll need to upgrade to at least a VS Professional with MSDN full subscription to download a registered version of LightSwitch.

Regards,

John Stallo

Monday, January 9, 2012 7:53 PM
  • Thanks John, appreciate your reply

Bodo

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:58 AM