none
Can we install QFE005 in the middle of WHQL run RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have started WHQL run for our NIC drivers using 8.1 preview with HCKQFE004, NDKLOGO test fails with QFE004. MS provided a QFE005 with a resolution for the failure.

"NDK Logo Tests: Some test cases in NdkLogoTests.exe contain a bug in an error cleanup path which can cause the test to crash in the presence of certain driver failures. This fixes that error cleanup path so that the underlying driver failures can be diagnosed."

Can I update my controller with QFE005 in middle of my WHQL run? if yes does it effect the current run. kindly help us.

Thanks,

Krishna

Thanks, Krishna

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:41 AM

Answers

• It is possible to update your controller, however any results in progress will be deleted and will have to be rerun if their corresponding jobs have been updated by the QFE. 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:55 PM

All replies

• It is possible to update your controller, however any results in progress will be deleted and will have to be rerun if their corresponding jobs have been updated by the QFE. 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:55 PM
  • Krishna,

can you please give me some advise how to run this test? and what is a systems configuration?  Any special connection between two systems?  I'm a newbie for this test.

Thanks, any advise are very welcome!

Le

Sunday, May 31, 2015 6:01 AM
  • To run NDK logo test, below should be sufficient. (assuming you have NDK capable adapters :-) )

Have DUT and PEER back to back connected.

Assign IPV4 and IPV6 addresses.

Please turn off firewall, in case if you install HCK client in firewall turned off machine.

Thanks, Krishna

Monday, June 1, 2015 6:08 AM
  • Thanks, I thought, we config as DHCP.  If I've dual ports controller, do I need direct connect both ports for DUT and PEER?

Best,

Monday, June 1, 2015 9:32 PM