Unable to delete record library RRS feed

• Question

• I seem unable to delete a library on a team site.

I have already followed all the steps in this article
    Whilst that worked for me on a previous occasion this scenario is slightly different.

The record library in question was exported from team site1 and them imported into team site2 as a test run.
    The test run went fine, and since some time has passed and data updated in team site1, we need to repeat the process.
    Therefore trying to delete the library in this team site2 before re-running the export-import steps.

I have deleted all content from the library on team site2. (and emptied recycle bin)
    There is no content so nothing can be in a record state
    I have run the "Hold Processing and Reporting" and left it over the weekend.
    But still unable to delete the library.

Is there any other way, or anything I can do to get this library deleted?
    Obviously, Once migrated, I will also need to delete the same library from team site1 (and will probably have similar issues)

Would really appreciate help with this as I need to move the project forward and have lots of data that will need to be migrated and I will continue to run into problems like this.

Monday, February 19, 2018 11:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

How did you delete the library? via Library settings->Delete this document library?

When you delete the library, was there an error displaying? If yes, please provide the detail information about the error.

Please try to delete the library via PowerShell cmdlets. About deleting a library via PowerShell cmdlets, you can refer to it.

Also, you can try to delete the library via SharePoint Manager 2010:

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by GTEM Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:12 PM
    Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you delete the library? via Library settings->Delete this document library?

When you delete the library, was there an error displaying? If yes, please provide the detail information about the error.

Please try to delete the library via PowerShell cmdlets. About deleting a library via PowerShell cmdlets, you can refer to it.

Also, you can try to delete the library via SharePoint Manager 2010:

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by GTEM Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:12 PM
    Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:51 AM
  • Thank you for the response. I have not tried the Sharepoint Manager option you provided.

The link to the powershell script you provided was where I found the answer I was looking for. (At the bottom of that page it gave this)

Force delete delete corrupt SharePoint list using PowerShell:
    In some cases, you need PowerShell's help when you are unable to delete list from SharePoint web UI as the list is corrupted and SharePoint won't let you to remove it, Use this script to remove SharePoint list using PowerShell: Force delete corrupted list in SharePoint using PowerShell

And following that link provided the solution. :) Happy Days.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:17 PM