none
Access to Body restricted when replying a rights management(RM) restricted mail (VSTO, Outlook 2007, 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

if you reply to a mail which is protected with Microsoft rights management you cannot access anymore the body of the reply mailitem. WordEditor, HtmlBody, Body are null.

As for security reasons I think this behavior is implemented correctly, but this is a problem for any addin which wants to add text to the body in the ItemSend method.

Has anybody experience with OOM and RMS?

Is there a possibility to access the body somehow? In google I haven't found anything regarding OOM and RMS.

Regards Mark

• Edited by Wompi Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:15 AM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Wompi,

Did you try to use a low-level code - Extended MAPI or any other wrappers like Redemption?

You can read more about RMS and Exchange server in the Information Rights Management article.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:25 PM
  • Hi Eugene,

thank your for your answer.

No, until now I only looked up the values in the Outlook object model.

I also still have to check if the properties are available through PropertyAccessor.

Extended MAPI would be my last choice as it is difficult to integrate into the .Net world.

I will see what I can find. I hoped that anybody here already have some experience with RMS and OOM to point out a possible way.

Regards Mark

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:32 PM
  • Hi Wompi,

The Outlook object model will restrict an access to properties. I even suspect that PropertyAccessor  will not help. You need to use a low level code instead.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:20 PM
  • Hi Eugene,

thank you very much.

I will have a look into extended MAPI.

Regards Mark

Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:51 AM
  • You are always welcome, Mark!
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:10 AM