none
Visual C++ 2010 Express

Question

• When opening a project (.sln) I get a popup: "One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly. Please see the Output Window for details". And then another popup: "An error occurred while creating or opening the C++ browsing database file C:\blah\blah\blah\project.sdf. IntelliSense and browsing information will not be available for C++ projects.

Ensure that Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 is installed and that no other applications are accessing the file. If this problem persists, delete the file and reopen the solution."

So then in the output window I get several

C:\blah\blah\blah\thing.vcxproj : warning  : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file '*blah*' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\Platforms\x64'.

I think if I can fix this last error everything may be ok. Having trouble finding any solutions though. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Monday, October 17, 2016 9:56 AM

All replies

• Hi my friend,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

Firstly, we need to find the root cause is related to the project you opened or the Visual Studio you use.

I suggest you could create a new C++ project the same type as the original one, to check if the error about the C++ browsing database file shows again.

(1).If the error still persists, I suggest you can try some devenv switches in command prompt check if it can help you.

a. Run devenv /Safemode to see if you can apply it correctly. This can eliminate the possibility that   third party Add-ins or packages are causing problems.
    b. Run devenv /Resetsettings to eliminate the cause of corrupted settings.
    c. Run devenv /ResetSkipPkgs in Command Prompt.
    d. Run devenv /resetsuerdata

You could also try to close the Anti-virus software or the firewall or other tools on your machine or you can try to restart your machine would be better.

If the above suggestion could not help you, I suggest you try to repair or re-install the Visual Studio 2010 and check this issue again.

(2)If you did not get same crashes issue in a sample C++ Project in VS 2010 express, I doubt that maybe the specific Project too large impact the VS IDE. So I suggest you load a part of C++ Project under the Solution Explorer check this issue.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for my wrong direction in my last reply.

For this issue,  I found some other members have encountered the similar issue, and the cause is Visual Studio 2010 Express doesn't include the x64 compiler, maybe you could download the Win SDK which is compatible with your OS.

For example, if your OS is Win 7, please install the Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8279

At the same time, check if you have installed the Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package,

Here is the download link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

If there is any update, please feel free to let me know.

Reference:

http://www.esenthel.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5613

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 5:30 AM