Windows 8.1 alternative for SnappedPageHeaderTextStyle RRS feed

• Question

• I'm building a Windows 8.1 app and I'm wondering if there's a built-in style for the page header when the page is narrow - 320 or 500 px. I noticed there's a built in style for the back button - NavigationBackButtonSmallStyle - for this exact scenario, but I can't seem to find a small version of HeaderTextBlockStyle. Why does this not exist? What are the recommended font size, margin etc for this?
    Friday, December 27, 2013 9:50 PM

Answers

• The UI Design forum is for language agnostic design questions. Implementation issues like "is there a style which implements this?" need to go in the language specific forum. If the question might have a different answer for Xaml and for HTML then the UI Design forum is the wrong place.

The second half of your question (what margins etc.) to use would be appropriate in the Design forum. You can find the answer in the UX guidelines . In particular, look at Resizing windows to tall and narrow layouts .

There isn't an explicit style encoding this.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by BasRP Friday, December 27, 2013 11:14 PM
    Friday, December 27, 2013 10:15 PM

All replies

• Which language and UI layer are you using so we can get you to the right forum?

--Rob

Friday, December 27, 2013 9:57 PM
  • Which language and UI layer are you using so we can get you to the right forum?

--Rob

Apologies, I figured this was a general design question. This is C#/XAML.
    Friday, December 27, 2013 10:00 PM
  • The UI Design forum is for language agnostic design questions. Implementation issues like "is there a style which implements this?" need to go in the language specific forum. If the question might have a different answer for Xaml and for HTML then the UI Design forum is the wrong place.

The second half of your question (what margins etc.) to use would be appropriate in the Design forum. You can find the answer in the UX guidelines . In particular, look at Resizing windows to tall and narrow layouts .

There isn't an explicit style encoding this.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by BasRP Friday, December 27, 2013 11:14 PM
    Friday, December 27, 2013 10:15 PM