TFS Preview, VS2012: Opening or updating work items fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm currently working with Team Foundation Service Preview and Visual Studio 2012 Professional. When I connect a work item to a source commit or try to open a work item I always get an error with ID 18.

The error message (German) is: ID 18. Grund: Ein Element mit dem gleichen Schlüssel wurde bereits hinzugefügt."

In English it's like: "ID: 18. Reason: An element with the same key was already added."

Can someone tell me what that error is or maybe someone did have the same issues and found a solution?

Regards,
    Thomas

Friday, October 26, 2012 9:13 AM

Answers

• Found a solution and it seems it's an alround solution when having issues with TFS in VS. Just delete everything beneath the folder:

<SYSTEMDRV>:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\4.0\Cache

Regards,
    Thomas

• Marked as answer by Tom_O Friday, October 26, 2012 9:30 AM
    Friday, October 26, 2012 9:30 AM

All replies

• Found a solution and it seems it's an alround solution when having issues with TFS in VS. Just delete everything beneath the folder:

<SYSTEMDRV>:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\4.0\Cache

Regards,
    Thomas

• Marked as answer by Tom_O Friday, October 26, 2012 9:30 AM
    Friday, October 26, 2012 9:30 AM
  • Hi Thomas,

I’m glad to hear that you got it working. Thank you for sharing your solution & experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members having the similar questions.

Welcome you back whenever you need help.

Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, October 29, 2012 12:58 AM