ASPNET built in tables from Aspnet_regsql.exe RRS feed

• Question

• User521171331 posted

Hi, I realize that I have bunch of tables automatically created when I ran Aspnet_regsql.exe last time. Just wondering, are all these tables usually generated from this Aspnet_regsql.exe?

I also realize that these two tables seems similar. example, aspnet_users and aspnetusers.

Sunday, June 14, 2015 10:59 AM

All replies

• User2053451246 posted

The tables that start with aspnet_ are the ones created from running Aspnet_regsql and are for the old membership provider.  The other ones are created when using the new identity providers.  Some how you've added both.  Determine which provider you are using and you can remove the unnecessary tables.

Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:49 PM
  • User521171331 posted

You mean that below 5 tables can replace all the 12 tables with underscore ( _ ) ?

Sunday, June 14, 2015 9:02 PM
  • User2053451246 posted

You mean that below 5 tables can replace all the 12 tables with underscore ( _ ) ?
    No.  The ones with an _ are for the old membership system and the ones without an _ are for the new identity system.  You need to find out which one you are using in your web site and then decide which ones you can delete.  You can't just rename them if that's what you are asking.  They have different structures.

Monday, June 15, 2015 2:05 PM