Startup Splash Screen RRS feed

• Question

• I am sure you will all perform a synchronised scream of 'Oh no...not again' on reading this post as I have read many posts bemoaning the problem with WES7 branding.

I was wondering if anything has moved on recently with regard to being able to create a custom screen rather than the blackness presented when 'hide boot screens' is selected.

I know at the time of writing of Sean Liming's WES7 book (Sep 2012) there were no workarounds.

Has anyone found any such workarounds/tools yet?

Thanks

Steve W

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:24 PM

Answers

• There are no workarounds inside of the OS setup.  The only options are:

1) Using a UEFI type BIOS, integrate a boot screen in the BGRT (Boot Graphics Resource Table).

2) Install an FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) to take over the video output to show a boot logo until the hand off to the OS.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

• Proposed as answer by Sean LimingMVP Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by S P Wiggins Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:34 PM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:31 PM

All replies

• There are no workarounds inside of the OS setup.  The only options are:

1) Using a UEFI type BIOS, integrate a boot screen in the BGRT (Boot Graphics Resource Table).

2) Install an FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) to take over the video output to show a boot logo until the hand off to the OS.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

• Proposed as answer by Sean LimingMVP Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by S P Wiggins Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:34 PM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:31 PM
  • It was not resolved in WE8S either. They had something in beta, but they pulled it. The story goes that the OS boots fast enough that the custom splash is not needed.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:32 PM
  • Oh well, what a load of old crock!

Thank for your prompt responses guys.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:34 PM