Getting invalid GPS location for Samsung Omnia i910 RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting -1E-08,-1E-08 as Lat/Long most of the times for Omnia i910. Say 4 our of 10 times. And this location is no where near to my place. And i think its not even a valid GPS location. Wonder if this the GPS receiver of the phone problem or anything else. For other times iam getting good Lat/Long co-ordinates as 37.55567853,-122.29018033, sometimes this mobile gives the above invalid location.
    Can we do something to rectify it?
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:29 PM

Answers

• It could be there's a bug in your GPS driver implementation. But, if that's true, there's nothing you can do about it. So, let's assume the problem is in your code. Can you post a minimal implementation that demonstrates the problem you're describing?

Other than that, the work around is easy:

GPS_POSITION position;
    do {
    GetPosition( &position );
    while( position == -1E-08,-1E-08 );

-PaulH

• Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:53 AM
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:55 PM

All replies

• It could be there's a bug in your GPS driver implementation. But, if that's true, there's nothing you can do about it. So, let's assume the problem is in your code. Can you post a minimal implementation that demonstrates the problem you're describing?

GPS_POSITION position;
    do {
    while( position == -1E-08,-1E-08 );

-PaulH

• Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:53 AM
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:55 PM

GPS_POSITION position;
    do {
    while ( position == -1E-08,-1E-08 );

-PaulH

That seems like a nice way to make your app/phone freeze.

Monday, May 10, 2010 7:55 AM

• That seems like a nice way to make your app/phone freeze.

It's a nice way to make your application not even compile. It's pseudo-code suggestion for a possible work-around. It (obviously) does not include implementation details like error handling, timeouts, etc...
    Monday, May 10, 2010 1:45 PM