<serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="True"/>
              <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="false" />
              </behavior>
            </serviceBehaviors>
          </behaviors>
        <serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true"
          multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true" >
          <serviceActivations>
            <add relativeAddress="~/Webservice/Service1.svc" service="Sistema_Seguimiento.Service1" /></serviceActivations>
        </serviceHostingEnvironment>
        <services>
          <service name="Sistema_Seguimiento.Service1"  behaviorConfiguration="SimpleServiceBehavior" >
            <endpoint address="~/WebService/Service1.svc" binding="wsHttpBinding" contract="Sistema_Seguimiento.IService1"></endpoint>
          </service>
        </services>
        </system.serviceModel>

My SVC file (about the classname)

Public Class Service1
        Implements IService1

and the code on IService1

<ServiceContract()>
    Public Interface IService1

<OperationContract()>
        Sub DoWork()

<OperationContract()>

The type 'Sistema_Seguimiento.Service1', provided as the Service attribute value in the ServiceHost directive, or provided in the configuration element system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment/serviceActivations could not be found.

in my ide (localhost) works great but in the web server doesnt, the folder has the correct rights (open an pdf file and work), but the Service, couldn't consume Yet because of this error

please any advice?

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 6:04 PM

All replies

• Hi vldags,

How did you publish WCF Service? Do you place the web.config under the root folder of the WebSite?

It seems you have .svc file to configure WCF Service, could you share us the reason you used serviceActivations which is used to activate services without a .svc file.

I suggest you check the .svc file whether it likes below:

<%@ ServiceHost Language="VB" Debug="true" Service="Sistema_Seguimiento.Service1" CodeBehind="Service1.svc.vb" %>

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:02 AM