none
write stored procedure logic in c# code RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi all

i have a project which is based on SQL Server and Dotnet(ADO.Net+C#+SP)  but now i need to transfer it on another DB.

the most important thing is new  DB is not support stored procedure, but i have some logic processing writing in sp.

the only way i' m thinking about is to implement logic  sp in c# code, but the work is more complex and take much more time.

and also the new DB does not have data access provider interface.

can anyone give me some ideas or who have done some similar work before?

thanks

eric

Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:05 PM

Answers

• Okay, I think you're going to have to be more specific. What is this other database and what lead you to believe that you could transfer stored procedures to another database (other than another SQL Server)? Yes, I expect that trying to implement the SP in any other language (other than TSQL) would be a lot of trouble.

Friday, August 31, 2007 4:17 AM

All replies

• Maybe a software from this can help you.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:59 PM
  •  

thanks a lot
    Friday, August 31, 2007 1:40 AM
  • Okay, I think you're going to have to be more specific. What is this other database and what lead you to believe that you could transfer stored procedures to another database (other than another SQL Server)? Yes, I expect that trying to implement the SP in any other language (other than TSQL) would be a lot of trouble.

Friday, August 31, 2007 4:17 AM
  • the DB is hp nonstop SQL/MX, i'm sure it does not support sp.

thanks

Friday, August 31, 2007 4:21 AM