Can't change Properties of axwindowsmediaplayer on second form RRS feed

• Question

• I have a C# Forms Application which uses an instance of axwindowsmediaplayer, created at design time, which works fine.

I'm now trying to add another media player to a different form in the same application and I can't change any of the properties on the media player. For example, clicking on the arrow to expose options for a boolean property doesn't show a list showing true/ false, and trying to click on the Name property to rename it causes a tooltip showing the default name(which is axWindowsMediaPlayer1) to pop-up obscuring the Name property textbox.

I'm probably missing something very obvious, has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, June 13, 2015 2:08 PM

Answers

• This seems to have sorted itself out. I went ahead and made the changes I needed in code but for some reason I can now make them within the designer as well.

Not a clue as to why that is but problem solved!

Monday, June 15, 2015 11:14 AM

All replies

• Hi TakeYourFlunkyAndDangle,

This forum is discussing features of the Windows Forms designer inside of Visual Studio as well as custom control designers and hosting the Windows Forms designer in your app. Your issue is more related with Windows media Player, I will move this thread to the more related forum.

Reference: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=mediafoundationdevelopment

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 15, 2015 3:21 AM
  • This seems to have sorted itself out. I went ahead and made the changes I needed in code but for some reason I can now make them within the designer as well.

Not a clue as to why that is but problem solved!

Monday, June 15, 2015 11:14 AM