none
Project Web App workflow to set a field value RRS feed

• Question

• Scenario:

I have a custom status field with an accompanying indicator field as well as an "On Hold" field that pulls from a table at the Task level in project web app.  If a PM selects from the On Hold field to put a task or milestone on hold it updates the value in the Status and Indicator fields appropriately.  Now I have a request to extend that a bit.  The ask is; when a task or milestone is placed on hold, the value in the % complete field is captured into another custom field and %complete is automatically updated to 100% and when a task or milestone is removed from On Hold that the % complete grabs the original value back from the custom field it was copied to.  I have tried to figure out a way to use either a SharePoint Designer or Nintex workflow but my Status field is not available neither is the On Hold field.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 2:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Tonya,

Have you checked the  "Behavior controlled by workflow" at the custom field level.

Also, did you try to achieve what you need through formula in the custom field where you can apply conditions and set values.

Thanks
    Sakthi.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:15 PM
  • I have tried using a formula but no luck at this point.  As far as checking behavior controlled by workflow...that did not work, you can only do that with project level fields and this is a task level
    • Edited by Tonya Reznor Wednesday, December 27, 2017 4:15 PM
    Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:38 PM
  • Still hoping someone can help with this.  I have a custom enterprise field that has a value of 0 and 1 (Active = 0 and On Hold = 1) if a PM selects a task or milestone in their schedule to place it on hold I need a workflow to grab the % complete value and store it into another field, then update the %complete to 100%.  The workflow needs to work in reverse as well, when the task or milestone is made active again I need the original % complete value to move back to the % Complete column.  We want to automate this process to keep our schedules from being affected by a task or milestone that is on hold and keeps our PM's from having to capture those values manually.  The problem is, when I go into SPD to set this workflow, I am unable to find the fields that I need to use I.E % Complete and Text 1.  This aren't fields from a list so I am confused as to how I can set a workflow on them.
    Thursday, December 28, 2017 11:41 AM