Error message change after installing CU7 for BizTalk Server 2009 RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving an incorrectly ordered 834 file from one of our Trading Partners. (NM1*GD before NM1*70) and have to manually reorder the NM1 segments to get the file to load.

NM1*GD*1*JOHN DOE MICHAEL~

NM1*70*1*JOHN DOE*MICHAEL~

NM1*31*1

I used to get this error message from BizTalk

Message: Error encountered during parsing. The X12 transaction set with id '0002' contained in functional group with id '9064', in interchange with id '000000064', with sender id 'ORDHS ', receiver id 'MB000612 ' is being suspended with following errors: Error: 1 (Segment level error) SegmentID: NM1 Position in TS: 23566 5: Segment Exceeds Maximum Use Description Error: 2 (Field level error) SegmentID: DTP Position in TS: 23568 Data Element ID: DTP01_DateTimeQualifier Position in Segment: 1 

After installing CU7, I'm getting this not very descriptive error:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: BizTalk Server 2009 EDI
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 4097
    Date: 12/29/2014
    Time: 4:48:38 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: DEVBTS.dccore.com
    Description:
    Fatal error encountered in EDI Disassembler, error information is There was no XML start tag open.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: BizTalk Server 2009
    Event Category: (1)
    Event ID: 5719
    Date: 12/29/2014
    Time: 4:48:38 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: DEVBTS.dccore.com
    Description:
    There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: "Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.DefaultPipelines.EdiReceive, Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.EdiPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Source: "EDI disassembler" Receive Port: "EDI Receive Port TCMC" URI: "c:\data\input\edi\tcmc\*" Reason: There was no XML start tag open.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

How can I get BizTalk to produce the old, more descriptive error?

Paul

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 12:51 AM

Answers

• Yes that that good way if forum replies are not helping you out in resolving the problem. You can raise a Microsoft Support call for this at

Microsoft Support

For other users let the user get a resolution instead of marking each other post as answer . It limits other guys to look into issues and provide a better resolution as well.

Thanks
    Abhishek

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:29 AM
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 3:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

Issue: "Fatal error encountered in EDI Disassembler, error information is there was no XML start tag open" has been reported fixed in cumulative update package 7 for BizTalk Server 2009.

Refer: FIX: "There was no XML start tag open" error when you process an 834 instance in BizTalk Server 2009

You have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update. Cumulative updates requires a restart.

Rachit
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 1:16 AM
  • Which version of BizTalk you are using , this error  usually happens when you have multiple record node at same level of the incoming request message  and the xml disassembler is unable to find which is the exact node for  disassembling

Now coming to next point by analysing version of your EDI Assembly "Version=3.0.1.0," I assume  that Microsoft has released a update over Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) 5010 standards.

This hotfix includes HIPAA 5010 compliant schemas that you can build and deploy in   your BizTalk Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) application.

A hotfix is available that enables support for HIPAA 5010 standards

This hotfix also includes updates that fix an issue with EDI components. When you use a "multiple"  schema type to try to split an EDI document   that contains multiple sub-documents, the XML   files that are generated are much larger than expected. Therefore, system   performance when BizTalk Server processes large EDI documents is  severely   decreased.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/973415

Thanks

Abhishek

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 5:13 AM
  • When you apply a CU you owe to expect that this CU would resolve the error not to redefine/simply the error message you used to get before applying the CU. But this happens. Sometimes, hotfixes/service packs/CUs make us to get closer to the error rather than fixing the error itself.

So I would go with Rachit’s solution of applying the hotfix (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2884209) which matches to the redefined error which you’re getting now. Try this in Dev environment first.

You don’t need to restart the machine after applying the CU, unless it’s been mentioned in the installation note or sometimes the CU itself would prompt you to restart the machine. Unless these instructions you don’t need to restart the machine after installing CU.

And this error has nothing to do with xml disassembler not unable to find which is the exact node for disassembling.

Try with the hotfix in you dev machine, otherwise raise a ticket with Microsoft about this issue.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 4:37 PM
  • The Hotfix was installed long ago on the machine. I tried to tweak the settings of the EDI Receive pipeline but no luck. Turning on Extended Validation at the Party Level gave a little more descriptive error, but nothing that would help me determine that the NM1 lines were out of order.
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:20 PM
  • Did you try with the hotfix mentioned.

This bug is not documented other than the mentioned hotfix. Other option is to liaise with Microsoft by raise a support case with them directly.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:39 PM
  • Hotfix is available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973415  KB as being mentioned in above post .

You need to restart the machine once you update the patch patch.

Thanks

Abhishek

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:49 PM
  • I'm going to open a support case with Microsoft. We were on CU5 before the CU7 installation.

Monday, January 5, 2015 10:09 PM
  • Yes that that good way if forum replies are not helping you out in resolving the problem. You can raise a Microsoft Support call for this at

Microsoft Support

For other users let the user get a resolution instead of marking each other post as answer . It limits other guys to look into issues and provide a better resolution as well.

Thanks
    Abhishek

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:29 AM
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 3:03 AM