none
Leave 1 hour buffer between events RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using the Outlook Calendar REST API (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/api/complex-types-for-mail-contacts-calendar) to query a calendar and show a list of available times to be selected for a new event to be scheduled (all events will be 1 hour each as well). I'd like to have a 1 hour buffer before and after scheduled events on a calendar so that additional events are not able to be scheduled during this 'buffer time'. For example, If an event is already scheduled for 10:00am-11:00am, I want to show the available times for new events as 8:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, etc...

I've been looking at 'FindMeetingTimes' with the parameter 'TimeConstraint' and 'TimeSlots', but that seems to provide more rigid restrictions based on specific hours/days/timeslots/locations instead of having it restricte times relative to other events on the calendar, like I need.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, or even if you can point be me in a more correct direction.

Best,

Dave

Friday, May 25, 2018 11:03 PM

All replies

• Hello Diembe,

This forum(Outlook for developers) is for development issues related to Outlook Object Model and your issue is more related to Office 365 Rest Api, so I would move the thread to Office 365 for Developers forum.

Thanks for understanding,

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 28, 2018 1:35 AM
  • Hi Terry,

Thanks for the assistance. I'll move this over to the correct forum.

Best,

Dave

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 4:37 PM