none
SystemColors? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

When I set the BackColor on a Richtextbox control to BackColor = Color.White, (MyRichTextBox.BackColor = Color.White), some of my clients are telling me that the backcolor is BLACK.

When I change the setting to MyRichTextBox.BackColor = SystemColors.Window it works fine, it's WHITE. 
    What colors (Custom, Web, System) should I be using that would work 99% of the time?

Thanks!
    ADawn

ADawn

Sunday, November 12, 2017 3:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Its really confusing thing in windows form application. I recommend you that you should use default System Colors.

• Proposed as answer by Devon_Nullman Sunday, November 12, 2017 4:09 PM
    Sunday, November 12, 2017 3:41 PM
  • I agree, that or change the colors using the RichTextBox properties.

Sunday, November 12, 2017 4:10 PM
  • How do I use default System Colors?

ADawn

Sunday, November 12, 2017 4:56 PM
  • I did use RichTextBox properties. I changed to backcolor = Color.White and I got Black. 

ADawn

Sunday, November 12, 2017 4:58 PM
  • I wasn't seeing black, but a few clients were seeing black so I changed backcolor to SystemColors.Window.

ADawn

Sunday, November 12, 2017 5:00 PM
  • Hi tropicwhisper,

About using default system colors, there is a System Color Class out, which will provide you the Colors.

For WinForms use:

System.Drawing.SystemColors

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 6:30 AM
  • Hello All,

When I set the BackColor on a Richtextbox control to BackColor = Color.White, (MyRichTextBox.BackColor = Color.White), some of my clients are telling me that the backcolor is BLACK.

When I change the setting to MyRichTextBox.BackColor = SystemColors.Window it works fine, it's WHITE. 
    What colors (Custom, Web, System) should I be using that would work 99% of the time?

Thanks!
    ADawn

ADawn

Well I believe Windows itself has settings that may affect the RichTextBox controls display perhaps. My PC is kaput and I do not remember the settings area for Windows where you set things such as default colors and fonts and such for text boxes and popups and stuff like that which may or may not affect a RichTextBox's display.

Oh maybe this in Control Panel, see image below and main window where you can set things.

La vida loca

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:35 PM
  • Yea somebody told it was raining gold currently.

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:28 PM