none
[Cert Failed] Can't sign in to Xbox Live (ID@Xbox) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,I'm an ID@Xbox developer. I have created some sandboxes and test accounts in XDP.

also made service configuration in XDP. Then, I submitted my title in UDC.

My last submission failed.The cert report showed the steps of reproduce:

"1. Launch the app. 2. Attempt to sign in to Xbox Live services, notice an error message "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live" is displayed."

Actually, I have tested that behavior in local devices(Windows 10 Desktop, Windows 10 Xbox), and it worked well. 

I have two questions.

1.Since we have been ID@Xbox developers , do we need to join Xbox Live Creators Program to enable Xbox Live?
    UDC required me to join Xbox Live Creators Program or complete  Concept Approval to release my title to Windows 10 Xbox. In fact , I have submitted the GIF , but I still couldn't meet that requirement. Then I had to enable Creator Program in dashboard ( Windows Dev Center->Service->Xbox Live)  That really made me confused.
    2. Which sandbox and test accounts should I provide to windows store test team?
    There are different sandboxes and test accounts in XDP and Windows Dev Center. And I know that if I submit titles to Xbox team, .99 sandbox should be used. Do I need to do  that?  For UWP developer ,which sandbox and test accounts should I use ?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance !

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Nate, 

Sorry for the late reply!

Today our account manager told us to no longer use the XDP product and make xbox live service configuration in UDC. 

It's likely that we didn't have relevant permission to enable xbox live in UDC before. We gonna try to change the platform. 

If I meet any problems later, I'll post a new question.

Thank you very much for your help!

Vivian

• Marked as answer by SuperVivian Friday, March 16, 2018 6:42 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2018 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hi SuperVivian,

Have you asked your Microsoft Account Manager about these questions? They might be your best bet in getting this resolved. That said, I'll do my best to provide some insight here.

1. As an ID@Xbox developer, you shouldn't need to join the Xbox Live Creators Program to enable Xbox Live.
    Where and how you configure Xbox Live will be different depending on the needs of your title. This page explains in more detail:

This section seems potentially relevant:

Using XDP to configure Xbox Live Services for UWP applications has a few important caveats:

• Once a game's Xbox Live service configuration is published to CERT/RETAIL in XDP, there is no going back! The Xbox Live service configuration for that game needs to remain in XDP for the life of the game title.
    • There is no migration path from XDP to Windows Dev Center. If you start your Xbox Live configuration in XDP, you must manually recreate it in Windows Dev Center if you want to move it.

2. I'm not sure about this and would recommend contacting your Account Manager first. If they are unable to answer this question, we can help engage someone who can.

One more thing: Did the cert team give you an error code with the error message, "We can't sign you into Xbox Live"? The code can often help to diagnose the problem, as is explained here:

Troubleshooting Xbox Live sign-in

Let me know if any of this helps and if your AM can't help with your questions.

Thanks,

Nate - Xbox Live Forum Moderator

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1:54 PM
  • Thanks for your answer! This is really help.I'm trying to contact the Account Manager. If there are any solutions or problems , I'll let you know.
    Friday, March 9, 2018 7:53 AM
  • Hi SuperVivian,

I'm glad this was helpful. Please let us know what you find out from your account manager, and whether you need further assistance from us on the forum.

Thanks!

Nate

Monday, March 12, 2018 8:35 AM
  • Hi SuperVivian,

Just wanted to check in and see how the investigation was going. If you could let us know whether you still need our help on the forum, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Nate

Thursday, March 15, 2018 11:02 AM
  • Hi Nate, 

Sorry for the late reply!

Today our account manager told us to no longer use the XDP product and make xbox live service configuration in UDC. 

It's likely that we didn't have relevant permission to enable xbox live in UDC before. We gonna try to change the platform. 

If I meet any problems later, I'll post a new question.

Thank you very much for your help!

Vivian

• Marked as answer by SuperVivian Friday, March 16, 2018 6:42 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2018 6:40 AM
  • Thanks for the update! Hope that works out for you.

If it doesn't and you still need our help, feel free to reach out again.

Regards,

Nate

Friday, March 16, 2018 8:24 AM