Office 2010 vs VS 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• User433803705 posted

Hello Everyone,

I am using VS2008 and Office 2010 on my machine. My code needs a reference for Office interop assemblies for few reasons. Now When the solution was built, it was on Office 2007.
    Now as the Ofice version has changed, the code has become unstable.
    Is there any why to fix this?

Note: I want to exclude the installation of Office PIAs manually. Any Poineters?

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:08 AM

Answers

• User829343672 posted

If the old binaries exist on the target machine there is no reason to "upgrade".  The warnings I believe you are describing are there to let you know there is a newer version because at some point even the new ones will become deprecated!

Just mark your own interops as copy local and refer to those. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:22 PM

All replies

• User829343672 posted

I am confused.  You updated the office assemblies and you are looking for a quick fix?  Like any other assembly, there is no way to work around this other than adding the new reference, fixing the bugs, recompiling, and redistributing.  The last part can be accomplished using the PIAs, unless you have some other advanced functionality like VBA.

Help me understand what:

"unstable" and

"any why" to fix this

means

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsto/archive/2010/09/10/office-2010-pia-bootstrapper-released-beth-massi-lily-ma.aspx

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:00 PM
  • User433803705 posted

Hello,

The code has become 'unstable' means it ask me to refer new PIAs when I donot want to do this.

I am using office classes to modify the office functionalities. What if, tomorrow Microsoft comes with a new version of office?

Is there any way to fix this problem?

May be a wrapper which helps me to just update one project rather than the all my projects.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:23 PM
  • User829343672 posted

If the old binaries exist on the target machine there is no reason to "upgrade".  The warnings I believe you are describing are there to let you know there is a newer version because at some point even the new ones will become deprecated!

Just mark your own interops as copy local and refer to those. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:22 PM