none
Control disk space RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I was hoping you could point me in the right direction. I have recently deployed FSLogix in Windows Virtual Desktop, with Azure files as the shared storage. 

I've configured profile containers without an exclusion list. 

However, the issue I am getting is that when a user logs in, their profile data appears to copy onto the local C: drive, quickly consuming all the space on the virtual desktop. Some users have around 25GB in their Onedrive documents folder that is part of their file. 

When they log off, the data stays there. 

So, my questions are:

1) Shouldn't the profile VHD be 'mounted' on logon, and all data is stored on the shared drive, rather than C:\Users?

2) Would an office container setup mitigate the issue (E.g. are the office folders being excluded somewhere?)

3) How do I make sure the local profiles are cleared down on log off?

Thanks

Paul 

Kind Regards, Paul Sanders | MCSE PC | MCITP EA, VA | MCTS SCCM/SCOM | My Blog: http://tameyourcloud.com

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 12:17 PM

All replies

• Sounds like Cloud Cache is enabled.  Are you using CCDLocations instead of VHDLocations?  This is similar to a question I asked about setting up for offline use.  It appears that rather than just cache files, the entire VHD(X) is duplicated in the cache folder.

Also, the ClearCacheOnLogoff setting will remove the cache files on logoff.  However, that doesn't solve the real problem of duplicating the space in the first place...

Kevin

• Edited by KevinRGS Thursday, June 11, 2020 6:18 PM Forgot Info
    Thursday, June 11, 2020 6:16 PM