Lazy loading with varaible sized gridview items RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to display variable sized gridview items . It works fine if I use VariableSizedWrapGrid inside ItemsPanel and override PrepareContainerForItemOverride() of gridview. At the same time, I need to load items dynamically(i.e lazy loading). for this, I am using ISupportIncrementalLoading . but it works only if the ItemsPanel doesnot contains VariableSizedWrapGrid.

How to solve this issue. The requirement is variable sized items in Lazy loading.

Please let me know the possible ways ?

Thanks in advance.

Nazia

Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:35 PM

Answers

• You're stuck here.  VSWG does not support virtualization, and you can't have different sizes otherwise.  You may want to consider a "tap to load more" button along with VSWG.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:05 PM
  • Thanks for the response.

I placed the gridview inside the scrollviewer and loading data dynamically when the scroll changes ,which behaves similar to lazy loading.

Nazia

Friday, January 24, 2014 4:50 AM

All replies

• You're stuck here.  VSWG does not support virtualization, and you can't have different sizes otherwise.  You may want to consider a "tap to load more" button along with VSWG.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:05 PM
  • Thanks for the response.

I placed the gridview inside the scrollviewer and loading data dynamically when the scroll changes ,which behaves similar to lazy loading.

Nazia

Friday, January 24, 2014 4:50 AM