none
MS project crashes while saving in MS project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• when I save:

• Randomly the program crashes (sends an error message asking if I want to restart the program or go to the web for help).
    • It happens when I save.  It might not happen for a week or more, then happen several times within a short period (half hour?) in MS project 2010
    • any idea why this is happening
    Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:00 PM

All replies

• Please give us some more information:

1) Does it happen with a certain schedule or any scheudle

2) Which CU do you have installed for the Project Client?

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Thursday, February 12, 2015 9:01 PM
  • If you don't know the CU date then do you have Service Pack 2 installed for Project 2010? If not you should. Install and see if it helps.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Friday, February 13, 2015 4:57 AM
  • Please give us some more information:

1) Does it happen with a certain schedule or any schedule- It happens to any schedule and to couple of people

2) Which CU do you have installed for the Project Client?-

Friday, February 13, 2015 3:25 PM
  • Project help,

Your version number indicates that you only have SP1 installed. You need to install SP2. I also recommend you install the June 2013 cumulative update. That update was released after SP2 and it fixes some issues that cause Project to crash.

The following blog lists all the updates for Project 2010. Find the knowledge base article for SP2 and the June 2013 cumulative update. Those will lead you to the download page.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/p/msp10.aspx

If this does not resolve your issue then post back and we will assist you further.

John

Friday, February 13, 2015 3:46 PM