VS11 and Build xaml errors RRS feed

• Question

• Now that I have VS11 Beta installed there appears to be some complaing by the XAMl editor about references.

Error is:

Error 1 Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression "Workspace".
    Value of type 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Workspace' cannot be converted to 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Workspace'. Type mismatch could be due to mixing a file reference to 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client\11.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.dll' in project 'vbhost' with a file reference to 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client\10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.dll' in project 'vbhost'. If both assemblies are identical, try replacing these references so both references are from the same location.

c:\PateintEngWkSP\BuildProcessTemplates\CustomTemplate2.xaml 0 0 

I see 27 errors.  The first issue I saw was it complained about the variable  BuildDetail was using a type that was not defined. Type of Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Client.IBuildDetail. The error may be a result  of my attempt to resolve the first issue, making things even more mucked-up.

Fortunately I have a second VM that I can use to de template development on, for now.

Randy Schultz

Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Ransch,

Since VS2012 RC is public, can you try that against VS2012 RC?

Thanks!

Sophia Lu [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Ransch Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:23 PM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Ramscj,

We’re doing research on this issue. It might take some time before we get back to you.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Ego

Monday, May 28, 2012 2:17 AM
  • Hi Ransch,

So you have customized the build template?  On the working environment, is there any difference from the problematic one?

Thanks!

Sophia Lu [MSFT]

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 9:37 AM
  •  

It is not a template that shows errors, it is all templates.  Including those I do not use like, "LabDefaultTemplate.xaml".

For the templates that I did not modify.  When I double click the xaml file from the source control explorer within Visual Studio 2010, I see;

Description column --> Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression "Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Client.BuildStatus.Succeeded".
    'BuildStatus' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Client'.

File column --> c:\WorkSpaces\CPOEwksp\BuildProcessTemplates\LabDefaultTemplate.xaml

and

Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression "BuildStatus".
    Type 'BuildStatus' is not defined.

c:\WorkSpaces\CPOEwksp\BuildProcessTemplates\LabDefaultTemplate.xaml

(15 errors total)

These errors only show in the Visual Studio 2010 on the machine where I loaded the Visual Studio 2012.  If I double click the xaml file in Visual Studio 2012 (on that same machine) to view in the editor then I do not see any errors.

If this is expected then I can live with it. As long as I can edit the xaml files.

Randy Schultz

Friday, June 8, 2012 8:37 PM
  • Hi Ransch,

Since VS2012 RC is public, can you try that against VS2012 RC?

Thanks!

Sophia Lu [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Ransch Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:23 PM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:31 AM